[vtkusers] open unknown files (*.pic)

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Mon Nov 11 11:23:35 EST 2002

Marta,

here's a small bit of tcl code to do this...I've added in some of your
parameters. Some lines are commented out because I don't use them, but they are
there in case you need them...hope this helps...john

vtkImageReader reader
 #  reader DebugOn
   reader SetFileName "yourData.pic"
   reader SetFileDimensionality 3
   reader SetDataExtent 0 511 0 511 0 75
   reader SetDataOrigin 0 0 0
   reader SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar
#  reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
   reader SetDataSpacing 1.0 1.0 1.0
#  reader SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian
   reader SetHeaderSize 76

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [24.97.130.19]

From: "Marta" <gva03 at elai.upm.es>@public.kitware.com on 11/11/2002 12:43 PM CET

            "Marta" <gva03 at elai.upm.es>           To:   <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                    @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                          Subject:      [vtkusers] open unknown files
                                               (*.pic)
                               Sent by:
      vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                    11/11/2002 06:43 AM

help
ayuda
hilfe

We have a problem. We want to open a file *.pic  with VTK/TCL. We are using the
version 3.2 of Vtk.
The file has a header of 76 byte and after the  header follows the information
of 76 picture-slices (512 * 512 pixels) in  grayscale (8 bit per pixel). And we
want to view the volume in 3 dimensions and  rotate it and all that things.

We would be very happy if you could help  us.

Thanx in advance