[vtkusers] Marching Cubes Algorithms and Airtight Volume

Hong Wan nghongwan at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 11 05:08:38 EST 2002

Hi

Can anyone suggest a step to create an airtight model from marching
cubes algorithms? I need to get rid of the big holes or small holes
presense in the model before exporting to stl format for rapid
prototyping.

For example, using Marching Cubes on bones of a human hand, there are
usually areas where segmentation based on thresholding does not do a
good job, instead of creating triangles, it creates holes with leave a
gap in the surface model of the human hand, I am thinking if there are
any ways to fill this gap?? To create a completely enclosed surface
model?

Regards

Hong Wan