[vtkusers] VTKProbeFilter

bryan cole bryan.cole at teraview.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 06:38:29 EST 2002

How about using 'vtkGaussianSplatter' to splat the point values onto a
structured-points volume. You can then probe the volume along your line.

vtkTubeFilter would be a good way to create a crop your points dataset
to a smaller subset around your line.

Another method would be to use vtkDalaunay3D to create cells between
your points. Then your probe would intersect the cells and work as
intended. vtkDalaunay3D might be a bit slow however. You would
definately need to crop your dataset around the line.

Bryan

--
Bryan Cole
Teraview Ltd., 302-304 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge