[vtkusers] Transformations

Alex Benn alex.benn at incenta.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 06:08:19 EST 2002

Hi,

Im applying a transformation matrix directly to a vtkActor. Applying scaling & translation works fine, but as soon as I apply a rotation cosine matrix, the object no longer reflects light, suggesting that the normals are not being transformed.

I've played with applying transform filters to the object, but with exactly the same result.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Alex.

Incenta's E-mail Disclaimer

Confidentiality:  This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.
Security Warning:  Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.  We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.
Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

 http://www.Incenta.co.uk