[vtkusers] Any examples of using Pieces?

Lee A. Butler butler at ARL.ARMY.MIL
Tue Nov 5 16:33:28 EST 2002

I would like to display sub-sets of a dataset (interactively chosen).  It
looks like the "pieces" capabilities of the PolyDataMapper might be the
appropriate tool for selecting which portions of a dataset to display.  Does
anyone have any examples of using this capability?  How does one
identify/specify what constitutes each "piece"?

For example, I've got a dataset which is all of the parts of a vehicle.  I'd
like to specify that these triangles are the brake, and those are the steering
wheel, and then select one or the other or both for display.

The only alternative seems to be to create a really large number of actors,
each of which represents a single "part" of the vehicle.  That seems less
desireable.

Lee