[vtkusers] Using VTK 3.1/3.2 & 4.0 with Python

Tom Bridgman bridgman at wyeth.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 4 09:28:42 EST 2002

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     TB> Hello, Here's a real legacy support question. :^)
>
>     TB> Can anyone point me to any reasonably complete reference for
>     TB> using Python 1.5.2 with VTK 3.1/3.2 and 4.+?
>
> AFAIK, almost all the methods of use are wrapped.  The best
> documentation on this is David's python.txt that is part of VTK 3.x.
> Its in the python/ sub-directory.

Thanks for the pointer to this!!!  Someone else handled most of our VTK
installation so I never knew about this little tidbit.  One of the
problems I'm having is a method needs to return a list passed as a input
parameter, which is apparently unsupported according to python.txt.

> David, would it be possible to add this file to the VTK CVS tree
> (after updating it, if necessary)?

Even better to have a doc directory where items like this are kept.

Thanks,
Tom
--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman           Scientific Visualization Studio
Global Science & Technology, Inc.      NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center