[vtkusers] vtk and ensight data

Jose Renteria-Contractor jrenteria at arl.army.mil
Sun Nov 3 23:01:15 EST 2002

Hi VTK users,

I have been visualizing large time dependent complex structured and
unstructured data with EnSight and wish to further my investigation with
VTK.    I?ve read in the EnSight data with vtkEnSight6BinaryReader, but I
am having problems accessing the different variables.

For example the data set contains the scalar fields  P (pressure),  T
(temperature), and  Turb (turbulence).
By default I can only access the first scalar field ?P?,  but what I really
want  is to access ?Turb? .
Any suggestions???

I know that this is possible for data sets in VTK format with a
setScalerName call in the vtkUnstructuredGridReader class, however I found
nothing equivalent for the EnSight readers.

Do any of you VTK and EnSight  users have a solution for this?

Thanks for any assistance you can give,

Jose Renteria