[vtkusers] Problem with Java application using VTK

David He dvdhe at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 14:41:35 EST 2002

Hi, All,

	I have problems with Java application using VTK. I
have put the \bin and lib\vtk in the path and also put
vtk.jar in classpath. Then I can get a successful
compilation, but when I want to run it, I get the
following errors:
C:\Program Files\vtk40\Wrapping\Java>java SimpleVTK
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
        at vtk.vtkRenderWindow.VTKInit(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:97)
        at vtk.vtkWindow.<init>(vtkWindow.java:146)
        at
vtk.vtkRenderWindow.<init>(vtkRenderWindow.java:350)
        at vtkPanel.<init>(vtkPanel.java:10)
        at SimpleVTK.<init>(SimpleVTK.java:18)
        at SimpleVTK.main(SimpleVTK.java:48)
	No matter which java program I have tried, the
exception is the similar. I am using JDK 1.4 and
Windows 2000. I just wonder anyone can tell me what is
the problem and let me figure it out.

	Thanks a lot!

Sincerely Yours
David