[vtkusers] contour only splats?

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 07:32:45 EST 2002

"structured voxel grid"

Do you mean a vtkStructuredGrid or a volume vtkImageData

if ImageData

Assuming the voxels were empty beforehand, then there ought not to be any
contours outside the splats! but if they had stuff in, then you might try
splat stuff onto an empty volume (of the same size etc)
create a mask from all non zero voxels
add the splatted data to your original data where you wanted the splats done
binary AND the mask and the data, then contour.

Might use a lot of memory and I'm not sure if splatting an empty volume then
adding to the other will give the same results.

If vtkStructuredGrid , then I'm not sure.

JB