[vtkusers] problems with VTK/Dart test data (ValidImages)

John jss at au.mensa.org
Fri Nov 1 04:27:25 EST 2002

Hi,

I am having some rather annoying problems with the testing of my build
using Dart. My dart setup is ok, and i have managed to produce
dashboards ok, BUT... the problem i am having is with the Test images...

My builds of the CVS fail about 85 tests of the 380.

Then, when I go to have a look at the failed tests in the dashboard, i see
that it is actually the ValidImage which looks flawed.... quite a few have
garbage all over what I assume should be a clean-looking reference image.
I assume this means there has somehow been some when i checked out
the CVS code and that I should re-checkout the test data.

The problem is that as well as some corrupted images, I also have some
tests failing where the ValidImage looks perfect, AND the TestImage
looks perfect ... but the TestImage is about 50% larger than the
ValidImage ...  what sort of weird error is this???? Everything looks right
but the either the TestImage is too big or the ValidImage is too small !!

I would appreciate it id someone could tell me whether my test data is
corrupt and if so how I would go about re-getting the test data containing
the ValidImages...

I cant seem to find the ValidImages anywhere in the CVS source, so
I am at a loss as to how to replace my test data. Why are the ValidImages
for each test not together with the test scripts? Where are they? How do I
replace them?

You can see my whole VTK dashboard at:

http://vorpal.dyndns.org/html/TestingResults/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html

An example of a test that failed because the ValidImage and the TestImage
were different sizes is at:

http://vorpal.dyndns.org/html/TestingResults/Sites/vorpal.dyndns.org/Linux-2.4.18-6mdk-g++-3.04/20021101-0300-Nightly/Results/__Hybrid_Testing_Tcl_xyPlot2-image.html

An example of a test that failed because the ValidImage was corrupted is at:

http://vorpal.dyndns.org/html/TestingResults/Sites/vorpal.dyndns.org/Linux-2.4.18-6mdk-g++-3.04/20021101-0300-Nightly/Results/__Graphics_Testing_Tcl_cylindrical-image.html

My web site is hosted on my own computer, so it is only available when
I am connected to the net ... so if you check the URLs below and get no
response, it means I have gone offline, sorry.

Thanks for any help !

John