[vtkusers] libvtkRenderingPython.so: undefined symbol: XtDestroyWidget

Christof Müller cmu at geophysik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Nov 1 04:09:20 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Python Wrapper for the first time (Linux). Up to now I
only worked with the TCL wrapper.

After setting PYTHONPATH and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I still have an obvious
problem when I try to run the following ConeTk.py example:

#! /usr/bin/env python

from Tkinter import *
from vtk import *

# Make a root window
root = Tk()

# Add a vtkTkRenderWidget
renderWidget = vtkTkRenderWidget(root,width=400,height=400)
renderWidget.pack(expand='true',fill='both')

I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ConeTk.py", line 4, in ?
    from vtk import *
  File "/opt/vtk/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/__init__.py", line 29, in ?
    __helper.refine_import_err('hybrid', exc)
  File "/opt/vtk/VTK/Wrapping/Python/vtk/__helper.py", line 15, in
refine_import_err
    raise LinkError, str(exc)
vtk.__helper.LinkError: /opt/vtk/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingPython.so: undefined
symbol: XtDestroyWidget

I didn't find anything about this problem in the list.
I was wondering if I have to re-Make VTK ?

I would be happy if someone could help me with this ...

Cheers,

				Christof

PS.:
	By the way: MayaVi works ...