[vtkusers] Hardware related question

Naoko TAKAYA takaya at cv.cs.ritsumei.ac.jp
Wed May 29 06:53:29 EDT 2002

Dear VTK users,

This might be a very basic question but please bare with me.

I would like to render 3D images fast if possible.
I understand that by using 3D graphics hardware acceleration,
the rendering becomes faster.

I know that OpenGL supports 3D graphics hardware acceleration
but does VTK also support it?
Must I use vtkOpenGLRenderWindow and vtkOpenGLVolumeRayCastMapper
to render object using 3D graphics hardware acceleration?

I don't know much about what and how 3D graphics hardware
acceleration works so please correct me if I'm misunderstanding.

Any advise is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Naoko

Naoko Takaya