[vtkusers] Python and cvs update

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon May 27 22:09:04 EDT 2002

    DG> Okay, I did find a libpython2.1.a in the python 'config'
    DG> directory: /usr/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a but I'm
    DG> still not sure what it's for since I've never used it when
    DG> hand-crafting python modules.  And back in the VTK 3.2 days,
    DG> the VTK/Python modules didn't use it either.

Well, Debian builds a shared shared version of libpython.  And yes,
prior to the vtkpython.cxx commit I never needed to use the libpython
library to link with.  I used to leave it empty and everything worked.
However, the build problem seems to disappear after I added it and the
resulting vtkpython library seems to work ok.  So, my solution most
probably is a hack.

prabhu