[vtkusers] Error with Running Java SimpleVTK

Bob Palank srfpala at earthlink.com
Mon May 27 21:32:18 EDT 2002

Do I have a similar problem with Java SimpleVTK?
Running vtk40 on XP from within Borland's JB6.
With the two imports active in my code and all other vtk related statements
commented out, I get a clean compile, build and execution which shows the
panel with the exit button - which works as expected.
If I uncomment vtkPanel renWin = new vtkPanel();
I get a clean compile build and the following errors on an attempted
execution.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no vtkCommonJava in java.library.path
	at vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:22)
	at test000.test000.<init>(test000.java:22)
	at test000.test000.main(test000.java:56)
Exception in thread "main"
vtk.jar and vtkPanel.jar both live in vtk40\bin
One Path entry points to the bin directory.
The second path entry points to vtk40\lib\vtk which hold the libraries
loaded in vtkPanel.
 I've got no clue as to where to go from here? BTW, I did place the
vtkPanel.class into the vtkPanel.jar using jar
which may have been an erroneous move.
Hopefully when I finally get this working, I hope to write up a clear and
concise procedure so that others can benefit.
TIA for any help.
Bob Palank