[vtkusers] Error with Running Java SimpleVTK

Xinzi Wu xinxin at sciencesoft.net
Mon May 27 01:18:09 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I downloaded VTK nightly release (on May 2, 2002) and built it with Java 1.4.0 on Solaris (sparc) 8. But when I tried run the SimpleVTK test came with the nightly distribution, I got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /user/home/xccbond/vtk_May_2_2002/VTK/vtkbin/bin/libvtkCommonJava.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: relocation error: file /user/home/xccbond/vtk_May_2_2002/VTK/vtkbin/bin/libvtkCommonJava.so: symbol _pure_error_: referenced symbol not found
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1480)
        at vtk.vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:24)
        at SimpleVTK.<init>(SimpleVTK.java:19)
        at SimpleVTK.main(SimpleVTK.java:49)

The C/C++ compiler that I eventually specified for CMake to use is the Sun Workshop Compilers C/C++ 4.2. I also have gcc installed on my machine. But I can't get the CMake (1.2) to work with gcc, because I always got the error message "configure error: can not run test program while cross compiling" when I started CMake.

Please help!!

Thanks a lot,
Xinzi