[vtkusers] picking + partial success

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Fri May 24 12:22:32 EDT 2002

Hi Everyone (and Prabhu)

I found the problem with my picking. It was something do the with the screen
size (similar to the java wrap of vtk). So now I can pick my actors.
QUESTION:
I am still concerned about the GetPointId method. If I had 42 points in my
plot, picker->GetPointId() - should it be between 0-41 or it is vtkgenerated
Internal number?. At the moment the getPointId returns different numbers
depending on if the actor is zoomed in or not etc. So how can I use this
point id to actually get the original data values. The GetPosition gives
me the data points in someother coordinate system. I want to extract the
data I put in.

Thank You for any help you can provide
Regards
Gowri