[vtkusers] compiling vtk4.0

navarro christopher michael cmnavarr at ews.uiuc.edu
Wed May 22 17:10:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to compile the VTK 4.0 library under redhat linux 7.3 and I am
getting an error that it cannot find jni.h   What I did was I downloaded
the vtk source and the vtkData and put those both under /usr/home/  I then
downloaded cmake  and did  cmake -i  and turned on the java wrap  After
that was finished I did make in the VTK directory and it compiles fine up
to the point it needs jni.h for the java wrap.  jdk is installed in
/usr/local/jdk1.4  So the file does exist and in my environment variables
I have JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.4

Any help on how I need to edit the makefile so it can find this
file?  Thanks

-chris