[vtkusers] displaying slices and 3d model

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Mon May 20 13:18:04 EDT 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:14:52PM +0000, lydia many wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
> For the slices I know I have to use vtkimageviewer but for the 3D model
> with the slices which class do you suggest and is it possible to interact
> with the images for zooming and drawing on the images?

Extract the surfaces using for instance the marching cubes filter.  You can
use the resultant vtkPolyData with a vtkActor and add this to the
vtkRenderer where you've also added planes with the texture representing the
current slice mapped onto them.  You'll have to do some thinking with the
setting up of the planes (not too much though).

Regards,
Charl