[vtkusers] vtkImageData to vtkDataArray

Nils H. Busch nilsb at cns.mpg.de
Mon May 20 12:13:38 EDT 2002

Hi,

I need to find a way to handle a vtkImageData subclass as some sort of
vtkDataArray. How can I do so?

I have written an IO class that reads some file format and outputs a
vtkStructuredPoints objects. This I need to pass as as scalar field to a
2nd vtkStructuredPoints as an additional data array for its point data.
>From there I extract iosurfaces which should have the scalar field data
mapped onto them.

With vtk3.2 I used vtkProbeFilter. VTK 4.0 has a simpler interface
regarding data set attributes I understand,
but the examples only show how to add a vtkDataArray that has been
directly created.
How can the scalar data of vtkImageData be extracted and converted to a
simple data array ?

Thanks.

--
    Nils H. Busch
    Max-Planck-Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
    e-mail: nilsb at cns.mpg.de