[vtkusers] Serialize VTK Java objects

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Fri May 17 18:09:34 EDT 2002

Hi,
Since you are using java on both client and server, you could use
vtkSocketCommunicator.  It will be a big job to serialize vtk java
objects because they contain pointers to objects in the local address
space and cannot be moved.  You really just want to send polygons to
your client, so you could form part of your pipeline on the server -
just up to the point where you can get polydata output - and then send
the vtkPolyData through the socket.  See the example SocketServer and
SocketClient in vtk4.1.x.
-Jeff