[vtkusers] Overlay graphics problem?

Pan, Tony C (Research) tpan at crd.ge.com
Fri May 17 13:42:00 EDT 2002

Hi,
I have a tcl application that displays an image, and has mouse interaction to allow user to draw a
region of interest on top of the image.  I am using a polydata to contain a square for this purpose,
and the square is added to the renderer as an Actor2D.  This is a VTK 4.0 application.

My problem is that with my desktop, which has an ATI Rage Pro integrated graphics chip, the box does
not render. TextActors and the image do render okay.  I suspect this is related to the graphics
hardware, since a test on ATI fireGL worked fine.  Can someone please confirm this, and/or offer
potential workarounds?

Thank you.

Tony Pan