[vtkusers] vtkLookupTable question

navarro christopher michael cmnavarr at ews.uiuc.edu
Thu May 16 16:40:39 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to view a cutting plane (of an iso-surface) of some vorticity
data that has been normalized on it's maximum value such that it goes from
-1 to 0.17.  I built the table as follows:

	wcLut = vtkLookupTable::New();
	wcLut->SetHueRange(2.0/3.0, 0);  // blue to red and everything in
between

	wcLut->Build();

This lookup table works just fine for data that ranges from 0 to 1 but for
the vorticity, I need the colors to vary from -1 to 0.17 and thus I get no
variation until it gets to positive vorticity....I tried to do:

	wcLut->SetRange(-1.0, 0.17);

after building the table but it doesn't work.  Does anyone know how I can
set the table to vary over a specific range?  Thanks!

-Chris