[vtkusers] Gdk or X-error with VTK

Bruno Janvier brunojanvier at yahoo.fr
Thu May 16 04:52:12 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am new to VTK and I am trying to do something
simple.

I have a GTK GUI with a menubar in C++ with linux.
I need C++ because I am using ITK for image processing
before visualization.

I would like to be able to view a volume after
clicking on a menuitem. So, the GUI is initialized
before I initialize the vtk objects.

The menuitem calls then a function where I create the
vtkRenderer, vtkRenderWindow and
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

I call the Start method of the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor and everything looks
good.

The problem is that when I close the vtkRenderWindow,
I have an error message :
Gdk-ERROR **: X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit
kill or server shutdown).

I would like to have the focus back to my GUI window,
instead of my program killed...

Note that it only happens when I use a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

Is it possible to do it? how ?