[vtkusers] RE: Creating Image // AVI

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Wed May 15 14:14:21 EDT 2002

Hi Patrick,

> I want to create an AVI file, so I would like to know if it is
> possible to create an image file (*.bmp, *.jpg, ...) with VTK.
> I am using C++ and I already have some vtkUnstructuredGrid and
> vtkDataSetMapper. Is there anyone who can help me?

Does .AVI imply Win32/VC++?  If so, then vtkMFCView::OnEditCopy()
in the famous Sample.dsw shows how to grab a bitmap into memory,
and one of my rough applets pours a sequence of these bitmaps
into an AVI stream.  Half-baked, but works  :-)
cheers,
Nigel.

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au