[vtkusers] problem with vtk3DWidgets and observer order

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue May 14 10:23:54 EDT 2002

At 5/14/2002 09:38 AM, Charl P. Botha wrote:
>On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:16:02AM -0400, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> > Let's see if it's related to the 3D widgets or the interactor styles.
> > Can you test Examples/GUI/Tcl/Mace.tcl (not MaceTk.tcl), use all modes
> > (i.e. 't' for trackball, 'j' for joystick, 'c' for camera, 'a' for actor)
> > and make it crash ?
>
>That's easy.  CVS checkout of today.  I can make it crash (reliably) by
>starting it up, moving the camera around a bit (left mouse drag), pressing
>'a', moving one of the actors slightly (left mouse drag) and then 'c'.  If I
>for e.g. don't move between 'a' and 'c', there's no segfault.  There are
>also a number of other combinations for making it crash.

All right.
Then it's my pb, since I changed the interactor stuff recently.
I'm on vacation 10 days, I'll try to fix this ASAP. I suspect that I do not
propagate or initialize things in the XRenderWindowInteractor correctly.
The styles should be OK. The tests passed correctly, though.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Sebastien Barre