[vtkusers] Pick, Pick, Pick

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue May 14 05:19:40 EDT 2002

    Denny> hi all I have a number of polygons in my data, and now I'm
    Denny> trying to use vtkRenderWindowInterAtcor to pick one of the
    Denny> polygons in my data but fail all the time.  In fact I don't
    Denny> know the exact process of picking an object on the screen
    Denny> in vtk. So, I'm here to beg your helps. Can anyone show me
    Denny> an example code on picking object? or any detailed
    Denny> suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Look at Examples/Annotation/Tcl/annotatePick.tcl for an example of
cell picking.  Also look at the vtkPointPicker, vtkCellPicker and
vtkWorldPicker classes.  Also look at:

 Rendering/Testing/Tcl/pickCells.tcl

Look for example programs for classes from here:

  http://public.kitware.com/VTK/doc/nightly/html/pages.html

prabhu