[vtkusers] vtkMath.h problem?

Steve Boyd boyd at biomed.ee.ethz.ch
Tue May 14 01:41:54 EDT 2002

Hello,

I've just downloaded and compiled the May 13th nightly release.  The
compile went fine (no errors, MSVC++ 6.0, WinNT), but when I try to
compile some of my .cxx applications I get an error with vtkMath.h.  The
error occurs on member Round:

 static int Round(float f) {
   return static_cast<int>(f + (f >= 0 ? 0.5 : -0.5)); }

The compiler complains:
 error: type 'float' unexpected
 error: unexpected token(s) preceding ':'; skipping apparent function
body
 etc...

I find this strange as the compilation of the package went fine.  Should
there be a semi-colon after the last '}'?  Should the 'float' be a
const?

If anybody has a suggestion, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Steve
--
Steven Boyd, PhD