[vtkusers] Holes in surface vs volume

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Thu May 9 19:21:17 EDT 2002

Hi Gary,
I'm assuming that you are using something like
the Marching Cubes or vtkContourFilter to find
the isosurface(s).

I faced the same thing when I started using
vtk few years back. If I remember correctly,
the reason was that the voxels with the intensity
value where I wanted my isosurface were
not 8-connected. You don't want them to have
only edge connectivity, you need face
connectivity!! A simple quick test would be
to dilate first and see if this fixes the problem.
If it does, then make sure to regenerate the
vtkStructuredPoints.

Regards,
Asad
*  Asad A. Abu-Tarif
*  Computer Engineering.
*  PhD Candidate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).
*  http://asad.ods.org/Professional/
*  tarifa at rpi.edu
*  Registration Toolkit: http://asad.ods.org/RegMagicTKDoc/