[vtkusers] problem with marching cubes in VTK 4.0

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu May 9 00:52:25 EDT 2002

    BL> VTK folk: I've got a Python script that makes use of
    BL> vtkMarchingCubes to tesselate a stack of confocal microscopic
    BL> PPM images (of a cell) that worked just fine in VTK 3.2.  You
    BL> can see a sample image at:

[snip]

    BL> Before I do any more hit-or-miss tweaking of my program, has
    BL> anyone else on the list seen this?  Is there a fix?

Strange but I guess its impossible to figure out exactly whats wrong
without more details on your scripts.

    BL> P.S.  Python support seems to have dropped a lot from 3.2 to
    BL> 4.0.  One measure: about 30 .py files in 4.0, compared to 399
    BL> in 3.2.  I wonder if I've got a bad release?

Actually, the basic Python support in VTK has improved.  Its just that
the Python examaples have not been ported.  The 399 odd files in 3.2
were mostly examples.  These examples have been removed because of the
new structure of examples in VTK 4.x.  We simply havent written/ported
those examples back to VTK 4.x yet. :)

cheers,
prabhu