[vtkusers] vtk4.0, java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

Stephen R. Saucier ssauci1 at umbc.edu
Tue May 7 14:04:16 EDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Phil Cook wrote:

> You need to load the Java libraries.
>
> Add a static block to your code, and load all the libraries you need. For
> example:
>
>     static {
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");
> 	System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");
>     }

I noticed that this is the same static block that is present in
vtkPanel.java. I am using the vtkPanel class in my application, and so I
would assume the libraries are getting loaded. Besides this, before I had
the vtkDataSetReader working when I was hard-coding file names into the
program. However, I tried adding this block to the file giving me the
problems, and now it gives me the following error:

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4baa132d
Function name=_XmAddHashEntry
Library=/data/gavl1/software/i686/jdk1.3.1_02/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so

Current Java thread:
        at sun.awt.motif.MWindowPeer.create(Native Method)
        at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.init(MComponentPeer.java:169)
        at sun.awt.motif.MWindowPeer.init(MWindowPeer.java:86)
        at sun.awt.motif.MFramePeer.<init>(MFramePeer.java:53)
        at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.createFrame(MToolkit.java:138)
        at java.awt.Frame.addNotify(Frame.java:353)
        at java.awt.Window.show(Window.java:389)
        at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:946)
        at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:903)
	[and again, more lines follow]

any ideas?

Thanks,
Stephen Saucier