[vtkusers] Very strange behaviour

Rémy Baudet baudet at ondim.fr
Tue May 7 12:55:45 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm using vtk with Qt (a cross-platform GUI API), I've create my own
RenderWindow (with a vtkRenderer and a vtkRenderWindow) widget class
which works fine.
When I create 2 RenderWindow instances and I want to display same actors
in both of the renderers, some strange behaviours appears in the scenes
: new objects (or duplicate objects), randomy (?) resized objects...
I wonder if someone has ever had a similar problem...

See snapshots :
 - 0 : one RenderWindow, normal display of a grid, a box (made of 6
actors, one per face), a textmapper and an 3D axis
 - 1 : same RenderWindow after opening another RenderWindow with only 1
face of the box, we can see a new grid (or duplicated ??), the Z letter
was became a line... and the face disapeared !

Rémy Baudet
ONDIM - Signal | Image | Multimédia
Email :  <mailto:baudet at ondim.fr> baudet at ondim.fr
Tél. : +33.1.40.33.88.08
Fax : +33.1.40.33.65.54
Adresse : 14, rue du Soleillet - 75020 Paris