[vtkusers] Filling space inside a 2-D surface

Michael Györffy 4mg19 at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon May 6 14:50:41 EDT 2002

Hi!
I'd like a little advice; I'm new to programming and to vtk and could use
some help. I've generated an array of ellipsoids as polydata. I'm
clipping these with the vtkCamera by adjusting the clipping range over
which I take
the pictures. These are then saved using the windowtoimagefilter and a
writer. This, very effectively sections up the volume I'm interested in
however the cut surfaces of these ellipsoids appear as ellipses in the
sections.
I'd like to either cap the cut surface, or to recognize the closed
surfaces and fill them in.
I know its possible, but I'm not up to speed on the jargon nor do I
understand the theory behind all the space filling functions to do it
effectively.
Also, how do I turn the shading off in a rendered window? I'd like the
surface to be flat.
Your help is very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike