[vtkusers] quadricClustering way of working ?

Sebastien_MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Mon May 6 09:30:37 EDT 2002

Does anybody know exactly how works quadricClustering ?

I use it to decimate an (x,y,height) surface. (ie I set a division
system where all the scene is in the same Z division)

Is it a simple decimation/interpolation of points on a 3D grid
of X,Y and Z sections ? What do the quadrics have to do
with this in my case ?

and how triangulation is achieved once the points are
decimated ? Is it a simple triangulation of each square in my
case ?

Thanks

Sebastien MARAUX