[vtkusers] saving private textures... VRMLExport

Sebastien_MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Fri May 3 09:17:04 EDT 2002

Hello !

I would like to save textures as a separated file while
exporting in vrml with a homemade subclass of vrml
exporter.

I would like to save an imageTexture instead of the (space
consuming) pixelTexture inside the wrl file.

the pipeline is something like:
JPEGReader->ImageFlip->texture
->MaptoPlane->actor->Renderer.

I obtain the image data with actor->GetTexture()->GetInput()
which is the imagedata from imageflip.
I need to retrieve the name of the original image used for texture.

My question is : Is it possible to retrieve the filename of the
JPEGReader from ImageData issued by ImageFlip.

If not, does anybody has a solution for saving the texture space
in wrl files, and using external jpg files as textures.

Sebastien MARAUX