[vtkusers] 1.vrml export and 2.elevation filter -> loss of colors

Sébastien MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Thu Mar 28 05:43:16 EST 2002

Hello

I'm working with an imported DEM (not .dem, but imported with a "homemade" importer);

1. I'm trying to export a scene containing a lookuptable in
VRML.

I set the vrml input to the render window. But When I export
the scene, the colors are messed up and only
first and last colors are used. Visually, it is as if the gradient
lookup table that I have became a 2 colors lookup table,
each color taking first or last half of the colormap size (256
colors).

This change is visible in the current renderer and in the
VRML exported file.

I add that if I don't try to export the file with

vtkVRMLExporter *vrmlExport = vtkVRMLExporter::New();
 vrmlExport->SetFileName("test.wrl");
 vrmlExport->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
 vrmlExport->Write();

everything displays with gradient colors.

2. When I use an elevationFilter, the effect is the same
(colors loss), and points below 0 are not computed, so
the sea appears as a plane, instead of the negative
heights that I expect. (the scalar range being fixed
between -3000 and 3000).

Does anybody has any clue about how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Sebastien MARAUX