[vtkusers] Problems using Dart with VTK and Win2k

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Wed Mar 27 05:56:44 EST 2002

As a part of adding a test of a new VTK class I have installed Dart (from
the CVS repository). I have the nightly source of VTK (from the CVS
repository) and the newest (non-CVS) version of CMake.

My configuration:

Dart installed in (env. var. DART_ROOT also set to):
C:/Dart

TCL/TK installed in:
C:/tcl

VTK installed in:
C:/VTK

VTKData in:
C:/VTKData

Binaries build in
C:/vtkbin

I am building with testing on and MAKECOMMAND = "msdev" VTK.dsw /MAKE
"ALL_BUILD - Release"

When building the "Experimental - Win32 Release" setup with VC++ 6.0, 34
tests passed and 281 fails. In the Test.xml a failed test is for example:

- <Test Status="failed">
  <Name>TestProcrustes-image</Name>
  <Path>./Hybrid/Testing/Tcl</Path>
  <FullName>./Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestProcrustes-image</FullName>
  <FullCommandLine>c:/vtkbin/bin/vtk
C:/VTK/Common/Testing/Tcl/rtImageTest.tcl
C:/VTK/Hybrid/Testing/Tcl/TestProcrustes.tcl -D C:/VTKData -V
Baseline/Hybrid/TestProcrustes.png -A C:/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl</FullCommandLine>
- <Results>
- <NamedMeasurement type="text/string" name="Exit Code">
  <Value>CHILDSTATUS</Value>
  </NamedMeasurement>
- <NamedMeasurement type="text/string" name="Exit Value">
  <Value>128</Value>
  </NamedMeasurement>
- <NamedMeasurement type="numeric/double" name="Execution Time">
  <Value>0.01</Value>
  </NamedMeasurement>
- <NamedMeasurement type="text/string" name="Completion Status">
  <Value>Completed</Value>
  </NamedMeasurement>
- <Measurement>
  <Value>Standard Output: Standard Error:</Value>
  </Measurement>
  </Results>
  </Test>

The reaon why it fails is apparently that there exists no
c:/vtkbin/bin/vtk.exe because the build process builds a
c:/vtkbin/bin/Release/vtk.exe which should be used.

In the documentation it says:

"Dart will search for test executables in a prescribed order (Release,
Debug, MinSizeRel, RelWithDebInfo). Dart will run a test from the first
configuration it finds."

But it does not seems to work...

I am mystified! I believe that a single option in CMake will solve my
problem, but which one?

BTW. what is CMAKETEST_COMMAND ? By default it is set to "NOT FOUND". Is
that a part of my problem?

Regards
Rasmus

PS. I will gladly send my CMakeCache.txt file if that can help.

Rasmus Paulsen, Industrial Ph.D. Student (Oticon)
Image Analysis and Computer Graphics
Informatics and Mathematical Modelling
Technical University of Denmark
Building 321, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Phone: +45 4525 3351, Direct: +45 4525 3407
Fax: +45 4588 1397
mailto:rrp at imm.dtu.dk, http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~rrp