[vtkusers] Replacement of the server

Andy Cedilnik Andy.Cedilnik at kitware.com
Fri Mar 22 07:17:09 EST 2002

Hello!

Kitware's public web server is in need of an update. We are
working towards replacing public.kitware.com with a much more
powerful server. The new server has features such as dedicated
UPS, RAID-5 disk array, better CPU, more memory, and much more
disk space than the old one. We are planning to replace the
server soon, but before we do this, we would like to notify
all users that there will be downtime.

We have not decided on when the replacement will happen, but
the new server is almost ready. We will let you know several
days in advance. If you have any question, comments, or
suggestions, please let us know.

			Andy Cedilnik
			Kitware Inc.