[vtkusers] vtk40+CMake+MS VisualStudio 6.0+Missing DLLs after Compilation

b.dorn at berlin.de b.dorn at berlin.de
Thu Mar 21 03:16:42 EST 2002

Hello,
I am upgrading to Vtk 4.0 on my Win NT System for compilation with Visual Studio 6.0 like that:
1) Unpack vtk40Src.zip to x:\vtk
2) Run CMake Setup with binary directory x:\vtk\vtkbin
   and source directory x:\vtk
3) Open vtk.dsw in x:\vtk\vtkbin
4) Select for example the active configuration vtkCommon
   win32 debug
5) Open the project settings dialog: Instead of the expected
   tab for the Link-options there is only a library tab.
6) Visual Studio compiles all the cxx-source files without errors and only creates the lib but not the DLL.

Can anyone tell me what I have to do in order to have the
DLLs too? Is this a matter of compiler options to be specified in CMake? A typical sample configuration might be helpful.

Sorry if this question is too stupid.

Thanks
Burkhardt
mailto:b.dornREMOVETHIS at berlin.de