[vtkusers] NVidia 1.0-2802 problem also in vtk4

Rainer Sabelka sabelka at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 20 12:35:56 EST 2002

More NVIDIA-Problems:

I have similar experience with recent NVIDIA drivers. My application has two actors, one
displays lines, the other surfaces. When I rotate with the mouse only the line-actor is
visible. When I switch to wireframe and back both actors are visible again.

I use a recent vtk4 cvs version. Almost all examples run correctly, but I found that
VisQuad.tcl also shows this strange behavior.

I also tried an older vtk version (3.1 I think). The Mace and Cone examples run correctly
there, but Mace2 crashes my X-Server (which even cannot be restartet until I reboot my system
- I think the NVIDIA kernel driver is in an unusable state after the crash).

My system setup:

Redhat linux kernel 2.4.9-31
XFree86-4.1.0-15
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2313 on a TNT2 card