[vtkusers] Bug in vtkDataArray.cxx

Sander Niemeijer niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl
Tue Mar 19 11:19:48 EST 2002

While browsing the code I think I stumbled onto a possible bug in
Common/vtkDataArray.cxx  (VTK 4.0 official release) at:
---
void vtkDataArray::ComputeRange(int comp)
{
   float s;
   vtkIdType numTuples;

   if ( (this->GetMTime() > this->ComputeTimeForLastRange) ||
        (comp != this->ComponentForLastRange))
     {
     numTuples=this->GetNumberOfTuples();
     this->Range[0] =  VTK_LARGE_FLOAT;
---

There is a check between a GetMTime() return value (which is an unsigned
long) and an object pointer (this->ComputeTimeForLastRange). I presume
---
   if ( (this->GetMTime() > this->ComputeTimeForLastRange.GetMTime()) ||
---
was meant.

By the way, I was wondering... Is this list the appropriate place to
post bugreports?
I have posted another bugreport to this list a month ago about a bug in
vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow but I still haven't received any response on
that e-mail.

Regards,
Sander Niemeijer