[vtkusers] Python 2.2 Core

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Mar 17 22:46:47 EST 2002

    DG> Hi Prabhu, Brad: I test VTK 4.x (CVS) with python 2.2 under
    DG> RedHat every so often and I haven't seen this problem.  But
    DG> the error does sound familiar to me, it can happen if multiple
    DG> copies of vtkPythonUtil.o are linked into the final
    DG> application.  This line of code in particular is where the
    DG> problem manifests itself:

    DG> vtkPythonUtil.cxx:384-387 int PyVTKObject_Check(PyObject *obj)
    DG> { return (obj->ob_type == &PyVTKObjectType); }

This can also happen if you have two sets of vtk libraries in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and manage to trick Python into loading both versions.
You might also want to look at these threads:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-January/008998.html
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-January/009014.html

prabhu