[vtkusers] Python 2.2 Core

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Mar 17 14:02:05 EST 2002

    BH> I've just begun working with VTK and its Python interfaces. I
    BH> got everything to compile on my RedHat 7.2 Intel box without
    BH> problems. I can run all of the examples (though the Tcl/Tk
    BH> ones report a Segmentation Fault upon exiting).  I had no

Thats strange.

    BH> problem converting hello.tcl into a hello.py script, and it
    BH> too runs. However, when I try to do the same for xyPlot.tcl, I
    BH> run into a problem with the following snippet:

    BH>   from vtkpython import * a = vtkTransform() b =
    BH> vtkTransformPolyDataFilter() b.SetTransform( a )

Well, that particular code snippet runs fine for me with Python 2.1.2
on Debian GNU/Linux with a very recent CVS snapshot of VTK.  Maybe
something new in Python 2.2 is causing trouble?  I'm not sure the VTK
Python wrapper code has changed much in the recent past.

Your segmentation fault problem with the Tcl/Tk wrappers are also
strange.  A bug of that magnitude is very rare.  BTW, you might also
want to try VTK rpms from here:

     http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/vtk/

prabhu