[vtkusers] Tcl wrapping for vtkMy (fwd)

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Wed Mar 13 18:24:58 EST 2002

At 3/13/2002 06:11 PM, Sylvain Jaume wrote:

> > >I set VTKMYBIN/lib in my PATH, not in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > >Is it the way it should be?
> >
> > Does it work without modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH ?
>
>Now I set VTKMYBIN/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and not in PATH.

I've just checked that on Unix you should use LD_LIBRARY_PATH when using
'load' from inside Tcl, but I've written a front-end that should handle
PATH too automatically when you issue a 'package require vtk...'.

> > Again ? That's a different message, related to the TCL_LIB_PATH stuff (but
> > you did it right in your previous email, so what happened ?)
>
>I typed in .bashrc:
>export
>TCLLIBPATH="$VTK_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl:$VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl"
>export
>TCL_LIB_PATH="$VTK_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl:$VTKMY_SOURCE_DIR/Wrapping/Tcl"

Sorry, there is no such TCL_LIB_PATH, it's TCLLIBPATH.

Anyway, that should work.
What's the value of $auto_path inside Tcl ?
Can you do a
package require vtk
at least ?

--