[vtkusers] Help! Medical Image File reader

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Mar 7 09:14:53 EST 2002

Arsene

Here's a little tcl code that will do it....let me know if you have other
questions. This should not be too hard to do...john

vtkImageReader reader
   reader DebugOn
   reader SetFileName "data.vox"
   reader SetFileDimensionality 3
   reader SetDataExtent 0 255 0 255 1 200
   reader SetDataOrigin 0 0 0
   reader SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar
#  reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
   reader SetDataSpacing 18.88 17.76 18.88
#  reader SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian
   reader SetHeaderSize 280

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: Arsene ELLA <ella at pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de>@public.kitware.com on 03/07/2002
02:50 PM CET

        Arsene ELLA <ella at pet.mpin-koeln.mpg.de>           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                             @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                   Subject:      [vtkusers] Help! Medical Image File
                                                        reader
     Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                             03/07/2002 08:50 AM

Hi there,

I have a 3D medical image data in a binary  image file, for example,
imvolume.img,
how can I do to read this binary data image file in vtk with vtkImageReader?

Thank you,

Arsene

Arsene ELLA, PhD
Max-Planck Institut Für Neurogische Forschung
Gleueler str, 50
D-50931 Cologne
GERMANY
Tel:   (+49) 221 478 5713