[vtkusers] Shared library path

Rainer Sabelka sabelka at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 6 09:39:49 EST 2002

Ben Sapp wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 March 2002 2:22 pm, Rainer Sabelka wrote:
> > Ist there a possibility to specify also the "installed"-rpath (e.g. in
> > CMakeCache.txt), so I do not need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually
> > afterwards?
>
> If you are using Linux you can put the path with the libraries in
> /etc/ld.so.conf, then run ldconfig.  Then you will not need to set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks - so far this is working now.
But actually I want to install two different versions of vtk (stable and cvs) in different
directories. Each should find the correct libraries - so either I need a wrapper script to set
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or -rpath <libdir> is needed during linking. Would be nice if cmake cold
do this (like libtool) :-)

-Rainer