[vtkusers] Java and vtkPanel

Satheesh Maheswaran s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 6 09:39:30 EST 2002

Hello users

OK, after the e-mail from Jeff Lee, I downloaded cvs-vtk, and tried the
SimpleVTK.java from command line.  It works fine :)  Also
Regression.java works fine on command line

I am on Redhat 7.2, and jdk1.3.1_02 and vtk 4.0
Hoowever, I get in to trouble, when I try to do the same thing on my IDE
( I am using CodeGuide).  The Regression.java or SimpleVTK.java failes
and get the following error message, but the simple Cone.java example on
vtk web site works fine with IDE.

Does anyone know of an IDE, where Java and VTK 4.0 work happily on a
linux (Redhat) platform

regards
satheesh

ps: Here is the errors for Regression.java

ERROR: In /home/satheesh/vtk/cvs_vtk/VTK/IO/vtkPNGReader.cxx, line 37
vtkPNGReader (0x80ebcd8): Unable to open file Regression.png

ERROR: In /home/satheesh/vtk/cvs_vtk/VTK/Imaging/vtkImageDifference.cxx,
line 350
vtkImageDifference (0x80ea688): ExecuteInformation: Input are not the
same size.

Java smoke test error!

Here is the error from SimpleVTK.java

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: RenderInternal
 at vtkPanel.RenderInternal(Native Method)
 at vtkPanel.Render(vtkPanel.java:78)
 at vtkPanel.paint(vtkPanel.java:86)
 at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(RepaintArea.java:298)
 at sun.awt.motif.MComponentPeer.handleEvent(MComponentPeer.java:349)
 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:2663)
 at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:131)

 at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:98)

 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:85)