[vtkusers] help! problems saving as ppm

Alia aks01 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 11:08:24 EDT 2002

hello

I'm trying to save the contents of a rendering window as a PPM file,
using vtk40 and windows.

However I keep getting the error

' Error: Object named: renWin, could not find requested method:
SetFileName or the method was called with incorrect arguments'

when it hits this bit of the script.
        renWin SetFileName $name
        renWin SaveImageAsPPM

(The whole of the sample script I'm using can be found at:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~cs5630/intro/ballanim.tcl.html )

Has anybody come across this before?  I would be extremely grateful for
some help on the matter.

Thanks

Alia

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength;
To see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight;
To hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.
-Sun Tzu on The Art Of War

(its a herd of elephants seen from VERY far away)