[vtkusers] CVS bug??

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Jun 25 08:35:50 EDT 2002

Hi Charlie,

This would be my "fault". A while ago we started to test VTK on MS
Visual Studio .NET. One of the interesting things about this compiler is
that it is extremely eager to run out of heap space. So, VTK did not
compile. The problem is that lots of header files include several header
files. This in a large hierarchy like VTK means that when you include
something from the bottom of the hierarchy (such as something from
Hybrid), you include half of the VTK. The solution is to start following
the last addition to coding standard:

    * The header file of the class should include only the superclasses
header file. If you need any other includes, include comment at each one
describing why it should be included.

Because of this, some of the header files do not include the same header
files that they used to.

			Andy Cedilnik