[vtkusers] Subclasses for vtkInteractorStyle

Walter E Voit wvoit at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 24 15:32:50 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am a summer student new to vtk working on a visual editor.  I want to
change some of the user interaction buttons like changing the "left mouse
button click" to pick a cell instead of scroll around.

As far as I can tell, the way to subclass vtkInteractorStyle and its
derived classes deals with the Object Factory.  However, I can't figure out
how to have a program use functions from the class I created instead of
using the functions from the classes in the library.

The documentation clearly says it can be done, but not specifically how to
do it.

This novice would appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Walter