[vtkusers] Conversion to v4.0

James C. Robinson j.robinson at kepler.ie
Mon Jun 17 13:13:41 EDT 2002

Dear All,

I am currently trying to convert from VTK v3.2 to v4.0. I am recompiling my
code and am getting a strange error. The following line:

PauseSpan += CTime::GetCurrentTime() - Pause_time ;

Results in the following error:

C:\Jim\Programming\mfc\Kes\PanMeshv3.1\GraphWindow.cpp(465) : error C2039:
'GetCurrentTime' : is not a member of 'CTime'
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\MFC\Include\afx.h(1532) : see declaration of 'CTime'
C:\Jim\Programming\mfc\Kes\PanMeshv3.1\GraphWindow.cpp(465) : error C2065:
'GetCurrentTime' : undeclared identifier

However, the definition of CTime does include a GetCurrentTime method:

class CTime
{
public:

// Constructors
	static CTime PASCAL GetCurrentTime();

If I remove the include files that are connected to vtk this error
disappears. Has anybody an idea of the source of the error (NB: The same
file compiles without erro when the include files are the v3.2 versions).

Regards,

Jim

Dr. James C. Robinson, BE,MEngSc,PhD,CEng,MIEI,
Kepler Engineering Software Ltd.,
42 Rivergrove,
Glanmire, Co. Cork,
Eire